Wednesday, December 10, 2008

So what's up?

Ok, so the crap has hit the fan in my life. A relationship I REALLY wanted to work out has failed. And now I'm stuck in the phase where all I can think about is her and what I can do to win her back. All of my thoughts revolve around planning nice surprises to make her realize what she lost.

I do have to admit the break up was mutual. It was the most civil break up I've ever encountered. Basically when we first started dating, it was amazing. But shortly afterwards I was always under the impression that she'd lost interest in me. I'd ask her about it and ask her friends about it, and they always told me that she still really liked me. So I went about being overly analytical and I think that may have ruined it. I was also a bit overboard with compliments, she'd never know how to respond, and that may have pushed her away. And there was always that constant worry of what we'd do when I go back to BYU-I in Jan. So basically our relationship kinda fizzled out. But I want her back. I was a fool to break up with her.

About BYU-I now. So, I get an apt thinking I'll be up there Jan 3rd or so. I call to make my deposit on the apt. The lady says I need to talk to housing first. So I get transferred over to housing and they say I can't live in approved housing because I'm "no longer a student." So they ask if I want to be transferred to admissions. Admissions says I'm not a student because I didn't attend my semesters last year. They tell me I need to reapply. This could take a while.

BUT basically what happened was last year for Christmas I came home during the break. I was going to live with my Aunt in Colorado from Jan 08 to Apr 08 until my semester started. Well, I got a letter from BYU-I saying that I was on hold from registering because I hadn't payed for my last semester of schooling. Well, I was too poor to pay last semester, so I never paid. I was planning on paying sometime of course, but it was on the back burner. I didn't have any money to pay because I pay for my own schooling all out of my own pocket. I have NO student loans at all. I did apply for student aid, but because I'm not 24, the gov't thinks my parents need to pay for my schooling because they're rich. Whatever. So I never got student aid. So I tell my parents that I can't live in Colorado, and that I need to stay in Texas and work to pay off BYU-I. They say OK. I tell them that I'll be back in Sept. They say OK.

Sept rolls around and I still don't have enough for school. I tell my parents that I need to stay longer and they say OK. I tell them I'll be back in Jan. They say OK, but are getting worried. I've not been to school for an entire year now. I'd be worried too. BUT, I DO have plans on going back in Jan. I have enough money now. I've paid off BYU-I and have enough to pay for next semester.

So that's why I went to get an apt. Because I thought I'd be leaving. So this is where I learn that I'm not a student at BYU-I anymore because I'm poor. Thanks BYU-I.

So here is what I'm looking at now. I would be going to Idaho, with no where to live (it's nearly impossible to find cheap housing that's non-approved), I'd have no job (my old boss says that she's had to let people go due to lack of clients and that she's not hiring right now anyways), and I'd not be a student.

I think right now I'll stay in Texas until I get at least 2 of the 3 problems solved.

1 comment:

Kimi Jean said...

You know, if you wanted to try living in Idaho Falls, you'd probably have a better chance at a job AND at housing.
I could totally help you out, fool!